Friday, May 25, 2012

Vintage Posters

I love interior magazines and blogs. I go through them, commenting silently in my head “perfect”! “Ugh!” “why didn’t i think of it!” “I have to try this out!” “Tasteless!” and so on and so forth.



I however have realised that I have a very specific taste when it comes to doing up my own home. India and everything Indian is always my main focus. The bright colours, myraid patterns, gold accents and rich textures are the focus. But I don’t want it to feel like a traditional “haveli” so as much as I can, I try to keep the colours bright but cohesive, the patterns and furniture minimal and the colours earthy. Matched with monotone colours, they provide a perfect blend of simplicity and over-the-top colour-motif madness!


The wall over my bed
Once the palette is set I go crazy with the walls. Bright vintage movie posters and ads! All sizes and shapes, draped with lights. The space is made so much brighter and looks surprisingly modern. Find them at vintage shops anywhere. If tou're from/visiting Delhi, they are easily avaiable in Hauz Khas Village!

No comments:

Post a Comment