Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Chalkboard fun!

Who doesn't like to scribble on chalkboards with coloured chalk?! They are my absolute favourite! I love cafes with menus written on the black board and sidewalk messages that have thoughtful little quotes. For some reason that dreaded blackboard always associated with math sums I couldn't quite see from the last row is never thought of. Though even then I did like to draw on those when the teacher wasn't around!

But back to this. When I shifted house a year and half ago with a very very close friend, we really wanted to do it up. Obviously since we were both fresh out of college working our first jobs we had to search for the best buys! She isn't much the "doing up the home" type person and I love love it! Thankfully she didn't mind when I started buying the unnecessary stuff!

I was adamant that we have a name plate and was looking for colourful, quirky fun signs everywhere I went, till i found this lovely white sign at my local Saturday bazaar when I was looking for something else. The market is right behind my college and was a stones throw away from our college paying guest accommodation but we never ventured down the dark, narrow street that mostly saw the likes of  rickshaw drivers. Except this Saturday when we went to buy boxes (we had bought some while we were in college and they had lasted quite awhile. Besides they were really cheap)!

Lying there in piles were these beautiful signs. About 120 rupees a piece. Now it adorns our front entrance with quirky messages, sometimes personalised and notes for visiting friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment