Monday, May 14, 2012

New Year Resolutions

I finally have a New Year resolution i'm sticking to! Wooohoo!


Every year, in the moments leading to the next year, I seriously sit and think of my new year resolution. They're never impossible to do and almost always simple to carry out. Over the years they've ranged from stuff like losing an X amount of weight (realistic goal set), fitting into an old pair of jeans, spending more time with the family, doing something extraordinary. All do-able (but slightly vague) now that I think of it. Probably never had any intentions of seeing it through.

This year however I made a resolution that I really really want to stick to! And 5 months into 2012 i'm proud to say I have.

So it all sparked with the 2012 end-of-the-world madness. And (do not mock me) I do believe this could be it! In true movie style, the Earth could be hurtling like a small crush-able marble towards the Sun. Seriously!

Which means that we should ideally be doing things we always wanted to do. Unfortunately, my paltry salary permits me to do very little and getting time off from work is an ordeal on its own. Everytime its seems like asking for the leave you are entitled to is a crime and reflects on the little interest you have in work. So anyway, I decided that maybe I should go out less (for drinking-eating-clubbing) and adventure more.

The resolution: Travel to a new place every month.

It fits perfectly with who I am. Seeing new places, learning new things, shopping, eating new cuisines and seeping myself in culture.

January to May i've stuck to it (and trust me i'm suprised)! Weekend trips, planned to the last detail to get the most out of them and tiring as hell! But oh i'm so happy when i get back! My drug till the next trip!

Keep reading and my detailed travelogue will follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment